And I know I can share this with the readers of this blog because you are a positive bunch. The result so f the quiz I posted earlier is as follows:
My strategy for 2009 can best be described as:
- Defend what I have: 5%
- Dare to go for growth: 70%
- Differentiate and try something else: 20%
Admittedly it is a smallish sample. But I feel that with readers/ retailers/ entrepreneurs and leaders like this, I can confidently declare the war as won.
This quiz is will reveal whether your business will survive too.
- Can you describe in a short sentence/phrase the specific and clearly obvious ‘pain’ that you are addressing in a customers’ life?
- Are more than 90% of your staff motivated and trained to deliver on your promise and do you know who they are or are not?
If you have answered ‘YES’ to both questions, then proceed to the next section. If you answered ‘NO’ to either, then, well… sorry.
- Are your customers still around and will they be around for the foreseeable future?
- Does your product or service truthfully and undeniably solve the problem you have identified above?
If you have answered ‘NO’ to any of these:
3. Do you have an alternate strategy in place and do you have the resources & skills to execute it?
If you can answer YES to the first two questions in Part B or ‘yes’ to the last question, then, congratulations – you will survive!