I am sure NO ONE in Australia could have avoided seeing some cricket. Which got me thinking about the similarities with business (and retail). Often these 'sporting analogies are a bit twee... but this holds true I think.
- If you don’t keep score it doesn’t matter
- There is room for fast and slow players
- It is all about shot selection (under pressure and at speed)
- You need a bit of luck to survive
- You have to rock and play even if there is no crowd
- The game is not won in the nets, but it is lost there.
- The best plans will be made redundant by your competitor
- Everyone has a different role, but everyone has to bat
- Sooner or later you will drop the ball. What matters is that you fix it quickly and not do it again.
- You may get away with a play-and-miss occasionally, but not always.
I am sure you can add more...
PS: Free eBook – 101 uncomfortable truths about marketing you don’t want to know on our website