Thought I might have some fun and share my list of best-dressed/worst dressed of Australian Retail scene. Just like the Hollywood equivalent, it is completely subjective and not based in any way on any rational analysis and without any insights into actual company operations. I also excluded any of my past/current clients from any of these categories, so this is restricted to those whom I have not done any work with.
JB-HI-FI >>> Best All-Rounder
NO QUALIFIERS >>> Best Customer Service
SPORTSGIRL >>> Best Marketing
COTTON-ON >>> Best Aussie International Retailer
McDONALDS >>> Most Successful Business Model Transformation
LOWES >>> Most-Underrated
NEWSLINK >>> Most Robust Business Model
AUSTRALIA POST >>> Most to learn
HARVEY NORMAN >>> Worst Customer Service (I have experienced)
CHEMISTS >>> Most in need of Transformation (draw with Newsagents)
APPLE >>> Most Overrated
AND THE OOPS
SMIGGLE >>> Never thought they would make it (just to confirm I am fallible)
Which brings me to the MAIN POINTS of this post.
- It doesn't really matter what one person thinks. (Smiggle)
- You can succeed despite your (customer service) flaws if you have the product people want (Harvey Norman)
- Everybody has an opinion and it different and it is irrelevant. (all of the above.)
- Knowing that you need to change is not the same as changing. (Chemists, Newsagents.)
- It helps if the Government is your main shareholder.