… is because you try to win.
A few salient points to consider from the talk"
- When an argument starts, persuasion stops.
- As soon as people are confronted with information being in conflict with their worldview, the parts of the brain that handle reason and logic went dormant.
- When trying to win over someone whose natural allegiances are not with you, getting into an argument is a sure way to fail.
- “Winning” comes from, is a metaphoric struggle for life and death now and nobody wants to die.
- Losing an argument means you learn something.
Note: this 'post' was use as an intro to my weekly newsletter. I thought it was worth posting here since not all newsletter readers are blog readers and vice versa. If you DON'T get the weekly #thinkdifferent update, you should think about it.